Serving as the foundation of Gazi University, Gazi Faculty of Education was founded in 1926 by Gazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of modern Turkey with the aim of educating teachers as Orta Muallim Mektebi (The School for Middle School Teacher Training). The school was moved to the building currently known as the Gazi University Rector’s office building in 1929 along with Ankara Primary School Teacher Training School for Boys and its name was changed into “Gazi Institute for Teacher Training and Education for Middle Schools”. The departments of Arts, Sports, Music, Pedagogy, French, English and German were established between 1929 and 1948. In the meantime, its name, which was “Gazi School of Teacher Training and Institute of Education”, was changed into “Gazi Institute of Education”. In 1980, as a result of the decision made by the Ministry of National Education (MoNE), our school was transformed into “Gazi Higher School of Teacher Training”, which provided education with a duration of 4 years. Since 1982, following the establishment of Gazi University, it has existed and functioned as “Gazi Faculty of Education”.
Courses are presented within a semester-based structure in the faculty. There is a wide range of elective courses that appeal to students’ interests and abilities in addition to compulsory ones.
Send us your opinions, requests and evaluations.